Each week we present what we call a Prophecy Update.  This is #417 in that series.

If you are a regular, you know that 80% of the almost 2500 prophecies in the Bible have been fulfilled to the letter.  The remaining 20% must therefore be fulfilled.

We ought to be able to identify trends in the world, and hard news items, that would be expected in the light of the yet-to-be-fulfilled prophecies.

For example, futurists who took Bible prophecy literally predicted that eventually everyone would be identified, and conduct all their business, via a ‘mark’ in or on their hand or forehead.  This is commonly known as ‘the Mark of the Beast,” referring to the antichrist of the Book of the Revelation.  He will come to power when everyone is using this system, and demand they swear allegiance to him.  If they refuse, it will be simple to cut them off from buying and selling.

Ridiculed as beyond science fiction, today we not only have many technologies that could easily be the Mark of the Beast, we see these technologies being rolled out, even forced upon us.

The latest example was reported in an on-line post titled, The UN Plans To Implement Universal Biometric Identification For All Of Humanity By 2030.

Excerpts:

Did you know that the United Nations intends to have biometric identification cards in the hands of every single man, woman and child on the entire planet by the year 2030?  And did you know that a central database in Geneva, Switzerland will be collecting data from many of these cards?

The United Nations is already working hard toward the implementation of this goal – particularly among refugee populations.  The UN has partnered with Accenture to implement a biometric identification system that reports information “back to a central database in Geneva.”

The UN Plans To Implement Universal Biometric Identification For All Of Humanity By 2030

The following is an excerpt from an article that was posted on findbiometrics.com:

The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is moving forward with its plans to use biometric technology to identify and track refugees, and has selected a vendor for the project.  Accenture, an international technology services provider, has won out in the competitive tendering process and will oversee the implementation of the technology in a three-year contract.

The UNHCR will use Accenture’s Biometric Identity Management System (BIMS) for the endeavor.   BIMS can be used to collect facial, iris, and fingerprint biometric data, and will also be used to provide many refugees with their only form of official documentation.

The system will work in conjunction with Accenture’s Unique Identity Service Platform (UISP) to send this information back to a central database in Geneva, allowing UNHCR offices all over the world to effectively coordinate with the central UNHCR authority in tracking refugees.

These new biometric identification cards will not just be for refugees.  According to a different findbiometrics report, authorities hope this technology will enable them to achieve the UN’s goal of having this kind of identification in the hands of every man, woman and child on the planet by the year 2030.

As I said, it’s no longer a matter of if we are moving towards a single biometric identifier, but when it will be the norm.

While we see the signs, we are not waiting for anything to happen before the Lord comes to resurrect the dead in Christ, and to rapture living believers.  That event is imminent, pretribulational, and premillennial.

Are you ready for the rapture?  If not, get ready, stay ready, and keep looking up.  Ready or not, Jesus is coming!